Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Thankful Thursday


This week I am thankful for...

... the tooth fairy. #3 lost his first tooth last week - on our anniversary. It was a bittersweet event; he was very excited about his important milestone, but he accidentally swallowed the tooth, so felt he had nothing to show for it. He felt differently the next morning, though, after the tooth fairy visited.

... seventeen years of wedded bliss. Well, maybe not all of it has been bliss, but you can't beat the swoosh of the wind in your hair on this roller-coaster we call marriage. I say marriage is a long-term investment; don't sell just because you may be on a downslide. Your investment is bound to pick up if you wait a while.

... safe driving. We've spent an awful lot of time in the van over the last few weeks. Our only casualties have been a flat tire and a wounded bumper. Thank goodness for careful, safe driving. We're carrying precious cargo, you know.

... the excitement of back to school, not only for the kids, but for me. I start back today. I was out to the school on Tuesday, and felt that old familiar stir of adventure that only happens in late August.

Speaking of which, I must end this now, or I will be late for work on my first day back. That would not do!

Have a great week everybody!

6 comments:

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

And I'm thankful that you and your family had a lovely holiday, LM and that you're all back, safe & sound.
And that you can taste the heroic magic of a Batman comic in your castle
And that the van is I presume, in mighty good condition!
love

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Hi again LM, I've just read of your van's wound, in an entry below. But at least, it stopped there. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that repairs don't cost the earth.

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! Hope your first day back to work was not too painful. ;)

Bathroom Hippo said...


It's like a cartoon factory in here.

I'm thankful for diet caffeine free coca-cola, and sticky traps for spiders.

I go north for school tomorrow. Nervous...but prepared.

Anonymous said...

Did the tooth fairy put the money in the toilet. It would have been appropriate, ha,ha..
Happy Anniversary..

Library Mama said...

Susan - Thank you for your kind wishes. I have my fingers crossed too! :-)

Jamie - Thanks for your anniversary wishes. We had a nice quiet evening out. It had to be quiet because we had partied way too much at the campfire the night before. ;-)

Hippo - It took me a while to get what you meant about the cartoon factory, but I finally clued in. :-) I wish you a safe trip to school, and a wonderful academic year. May the year be challenging enough that you learn something, but restful enough that you can have some fun too.

Happy - You are a hoot! And you would fit in quite nicely around here. Poor #3 - his older brothers almost had him convinced that he would have to "retrieve" his tooth before the fairy would come - if you know what I mean! ;-)

Visits