Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Shopping and Sunshine


I'm not much of a shopper.

I think I've written about it before. I don't have the patience to try a bunch of things on, and, since I don't shop very often, I've almost come to the point where I don't even know what looks good anymore, if that makes sense.

Sunday, though, I was desperate to have something new to wear for the first day of school, so Main Man pushed me out the door and I proceeded to a catalogue outlet store in our city.

I lucked out!

I came home with a skirt, a blouse, a pair of pyjamas, a nightgown, 2 bras, and 5 (count 'em - five!) pairs of shoes (including a pair of Brooks sneakers) - all for less than $123! I was very proud of myself.

On another note - run, don't walk, to see the movie Little Miss Sunshine!

I went to see it last night with two girlfriends from work, and we had tears streaming down our faces we laughed so hard. My stomach muscles were still sore when I went to bed.

Trust me - don't miss it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband really wants to go see that movie and now you've convinced me! Wow...you did great on the shopping. Isn't that the best feeling?! I get a rush from bargains!

Mentok said...

Mmmm...bras!

Actually, this talk of discount bras brings back bad memories for me. Once, while shopping for Library Mama, I went into a lingerie shop that was advertising a sale. I asked the two clerks if I could see their bras 50% off and they called security on me. ;-)

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Hi LM,
I'm pretty much like you when it comes to shopping.
But how lovely to have a husband who actually pushes you out the door, just so you could go and buy new things!
I think too, that you're a good shopper.
You know how to plan on spontaneity and get value for your money.
Do you like lipsticks
I LOVE lipsticks & perfumes.

Library Mama said...

Jamie - You really have to see it. It is gut-splitting in an eccentric, "How did anyone ever think of that?" kind of way.
And yes, I think I did have a little adrenaline high after my big shopping trip. :-)

Mentok - Haha. I have trouble enough shopping for "foundation garments" myself. I certainly wouldn't send you!

Susan - I am very fortunate to have a husband like that. Still, I think it's a bit of a self-preservation mechanism for him; he simply gets tired of hearing me complain about how few clothes I have. No, I'm afraid lipsticks and perfumes are not my downfall. I have a much weirder shopping attraction: stationery items. I love to buy cute pens, notepaper, calendars, silly things like that. And they're not nearly as useful as lipsticks. I mean - how much notepaper does one need? Especially in this day of email! :-)

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Hi again LM,
I could buy novel after novel and still feel I hadn't yet read anything.
How crazy is that?

Visits