Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Thankful Thursday


This week I am thankful...

...for the new minister at our church. Her induction ceremony was on Sunday evening. #1 was a server for the ceremony. I was very proud of him. I digress, though: our new minister is fabulous. She seems to be really interested in youth, which suits our family perfectly. This Sunday, she's going to join the youth group in a rousing game of lazer tag!

...for #1's curling season, which wrapped up yesterday. He had a great time, and it would appear that he is hooked. He's already talking about gathering together a team for next year.

...that I've managed to shake most of this terrible cold I've had for the last week. My energy level is beginning to pick up, and I no longer go into full-out panic mode if there isn't a box of tissues in my line of sight, so I guess I must be getting better.

...for #2's dedication to his Tae Kwon Do. He tested on Tuesday, and we find out tonight if he passed onto his first official belt. He was pretty nervous before his test, but he did a great job.

...that #3 brought home the right rubber boots after Beavers on Tuesday. We got an email this morning that one of the little guys went home with someone else's boots (a common occurrence at this time of year when just about every 4 - 11 year old wears standard issue Wal-Mart $8 wellies), so I quickly checked, and we're in the clear.

...for my Mp3 player, which I dug up and re-juiced on the weekend. I hadn't used it much through the winter, and I'm so glad to be using it again. I love the feeling of being totally immersed in my music. I've taken to wearing it when I mark books and papers in the evening. Now, that sure cuts down on distractions!

...that daylight once again shines through the kitchen window while we eat supper. I love when the days begin to get longer. I always look forward to that first morning of work after the Easter break, when my alarm is greeted by daylight.

...that April Fool's Day falls on a weekend this year. As a teacher, I consider this occurrence a special gift from God!

Have a great week, everyone!

4 comments:

JR's Thumbprints said...

I'm thankful for my freedom. I'm thankful for living in the United States.

Library Mama said...

Hi JR,

I'm thankful for living in Canada too, although the winters are starting to seem awfully long!

;-)

Bathroom Hippo said...


April fools on a weekend?

Seems like God himself is playing a joke on mankind.

Library Mama said...

Hippo - Maybe so, but it's a joke I like.

Visits