Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Thankful Thursday


This week, I am thankful...

... that our Oscar party is over for another year. After 17 years of putting on a certain type of party, you would think that it would be just a mere hiccup in your week, but it's always a major cough, almost a gag, no matter how successful. It's so much work.

... that Main Man is making more of an effort to turn lights off when he walks out of a room.

... that #1's braces are more manageable for him now. I was getting a little worried about the number of Advils he was popping.

... that #2 had a fabulous time on his Cub Scout ski trip, and that, unlike his father on his first foray onto a ski hill at age 10, he did not break his leg!

... that #3 had such fun on his first sleepover Saturday night. I think the family might be vegetarian. He said they had peanut butter soup for supper. He wasn't all that impressed with that, but had a great time otherwise.

... for movie nights with the girls. Even if the movie isn't all that great, it's nice to get out.

... for supper out with the girls. (Yes, I've had a big week!) Last night a group of us teacher-librarians got together and attended a fundraising dinner for the Willow Awards. It was an evening of delicious food, delightful conversation, and divine literature.

... that March has arrived, which must mean that spring is just around the corner. We did, however, have a major snowfall last night, so that corner may still be a little far away yet.

... that, even with report cards less than two weeks away, panic hasn't set in yet. I'm sure it will soon, though.

Have a great week, everyone!

6 comments:

Dino said...

wow peanut butter soup -mhh not my thing.

I wish we had snow but we are way in the spring

Library Mama said...

Katy - I know. Not my thing either.

We got still more snow today. Everything is covered in a white blanket of peace, and spring seems very far away.

Lowa said...

I love peanut butter but...wow! Good thing #3 doesn't have allergies! Sheesh! Glad he had fun!

Those Willow Awards look neat. I have not heard of that. Sounds like a nice night out for you!

Not sure if I mentioned to you, but I can't locate that book for Princess. I may look at a book store or something soon, I just hate leaving the house and shopping, you know:) Will let you know when I find it!

Library Mama said...

Lowa - Oh - the mom was very diligent to ask if #3 had any allergies before he went.

Sorry you can't find Sophie. It was actually a Willow nominee last year. It's really cute because the sea monster is just as afraid of Sophie as Sophie is of him, and they help each other through their respective fears. Good luck finding it.

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Hi LM,
So enjoyed this Thankful Thursday post with its bright sunny spots! :-)

Library Mama said...

Thanks, Susan. Glad you liked it.

Visits