Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Friday, March 30, 2007

Kindergarten Wisdom


I had the kindergarten students in for story-time this morning.


I told one of the little guys that I liked his shoes.


He informed me that he had much nicer ones at home. He called them his wedding shoes.


I asked if someone special was getting married.


"No, no one is getting married," he replied, "but my grandpa got dead."

6 comments:

Bathroom Hippo said...


You know you've got great shoes if you've worn them to a funeral.

Something magical about them...

mist1 said...

I still remember the shoes that I wore to my grandpa's funeral. I tolerated how uncomfortable they were because I couldn't go whining about my feet hurting when we were burying a one legged man, now could I?

Library Mama said...

Hippo - It is so great to hear from you again! I thought maybe I had offended you or something.

I've never thought of funeral shoes as magical before, but since they brought you back, maybe they are just that - magical.

Mist - No, that just wouldn't be prudent. Those shoes may have been uncomfortable, but were they snazzy?

Anonymous said...

I feel bad laughing at a got dead grandpa, but how can I not?

Dino said...

out of the mouth of babes! Kids are the coolest thing

Library Mama said...

Carrie - I felt exactly the same way.

Katy - They sure can bring a smile to one's day.

Visits