Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Just a Quick Note...

...to check in and say hi to everyone out there.

I've been working really hard. Reports go out tomorrow, and I will be ready.

I was out at the school from 8:15 a.m. until 6:45 p.m. yesterday and I got so much done. Still, I have comments to finish up on the cards. I hate writing them, but, as a parent, they're my favourite part to read on my own kids' reports, so I will keep slogging away.


Just wanted everybody to know that all is well, and that I really appreciate those who are still stopping by and are still commenting. Sorry I haven't had a chance to reply here or to return the favour on your blogs.

This will be another busy week, with Book Fair in my library all week, and with Parent-Teacher Interviews Wednesday and Thursday evenings, but I do get Friday off in lieu of working both those evenings, so #3 and I have big plans. He keeps asking, "How many more sleeps 'til you get to spend the morning with me?" He'll be in kindergarten in the afternoon, so we have to jam all our fun into the morning.

Anyway, the long and the short of it is: if you don't hear much from me this week, I'm fine, just busy, and I am thinking of all of you.

Take care.

4 comments:

Molecular Turtle said...

Howdy,

Regarding new scientist I would totally recommend it for a library. It's really not too complicated and I think anyone can understand. I was wondering if you ever had to write a terrible comment and how do you handle that?

Library Mama said...

Hi MT,
I will have to take a look at New Scientist. It does sound good for my clientele.

I try not to write comments that are too terrible, but there are times when I feel compelled to "tell it like it is". I just make sure to sandwich the "bad" comment between two positive ones and hope that that extra little bit of sugar helps the medicine go down.

Dino said...

wow be sure to take time and take a deep breath. I do not know if I could be a teacher. I am already dreading that I agreed to go to my husbands nice scout meeting and talk about germany I love kids but only when I get to play with them

Lowa said...

Hang in there!

I can only imagine how excited #3 is! Can't wait to hear about your fun morning together. You know if it was me, I would keep him out for the afternoon as well:) But you can't bring yourself to do that, I am sure! Lemme know what you guys end up doing! I love having time with one kid at a time. Clown and I get to have the morning together tomorrow when I take him to a new art class we discovered. LOVE IT!

Visits