Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Thankful Thursday


This week I am thankful...

...that I'm starting to see the light through my two whirlwind weeks of work. This bout of report cards and interviews is almost over. Whew!

...that I made it through half my parent-student-teacher conferences and no one has yelled at me yet.

...that I made it home last night. By the time we were finished interviews at about 8:00 p.m., a wicked spring blizzard had blown up. Many teachers on staff had decided to stay overnight in the small town in which I teach. I was determined, though, to make it home to my family. I have to admit that I am more than slightly resentful of these evening interviews. I work so many hours beyond school hours already that I really resent being told that I have no choice about these interviews. I have a six-year-old, dagnabit! He needs his mom around.

...that#3's jazz band is performing at a festival this evening. Of course, I'm unable to go see the performance (I have the last half of my interviews.), but I'm grateful that he has the opportunity.

...that I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow. I always get a new lease on life with a new haircut.

...for the church St. Patrick's Day Irish Stew night coming up on Saturday. It's a hoot! They even serve Guinness. I go to such a cool church!

...for what we hope to do after the church stew night. Main Man and I have plans to go to our favourite Irish night-time establishment and celebrate St. Patty's Day in true Irish fashion. We can't wait!

Have a great week, everyone. Thanks for hanging in there with me through the rough times.


9:20 p.m.
Addendum: I am ever so thankful to be all finished parent-student-teacher conferences. I'm enjoying a glass of wine, preparing for a bubble bath to celebrate. Hip-hip-hooray!

4 comments:

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

And I'm thankful that your report cards are just about done!
And now for some real fiddling about. :-)

Big Pissy said...

Glad you made it home safely! :)

Dino said...

yeah great almost done you St. Patti day plans sound fun. I am working and hope lots of people come out to eat first so I can make some money

Library Mama said...

Susan - Yes, I'm all set to go now!

Pissy - Thank you. I was so determined! And yes, I made it safe and sound. Crazy weather!

Katy - Good luck tomorrow. I hope you get the Luck of the Irish and have some high tippers.

Visits