Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Thankful Thursday


This week I am thankful...

...for my job. At this crazy, hectic report card time, I often forget how much I truly love it. There isn't a day goes by that these students of mine don't make me smile.

...for my husband. Again, he often bears the brunt of my busy-ness at this time, but I do truly appreciate how he takes up the slack with things around home, even though it's often a busy time for him, as well.

...for #1. Last night I was telling him that I was getting too much attitude from him, but, all things considered, we probably get a lot less than the average family.

...for #2. Somehow, without our realizing it, he has grown into the most responsible of the three. He is meticulous about getting his homework done, he is usually patient and guiding with #3, and he actually cleans his room when he is asked to. Who'd 'a' thunk it?

...for #3, who can make me smile through anything. Last night I was at the kitchen table, books spread all around, red pen in hand, when he came in and asked me for a snack. I snapped, "Please get your father to get you a snack. I'm too busy." Seconds later, he was by my side, asking in his wee voice,"Are you too busy for a hug?" Priorities, priorities...

...for my dog. I often have trouble sleeping at report card time. You know, you've all done it - you wake up and you stew about unfinished things, will you have enough time, will you find that paper you lost, blah, blah, blah... Anyway, I have found that if I can touch the warm fur of my dog, it relaxes me and helps me settle back into sleep. And luckily, he's a bit of a cuddle-pup, so it works well for him, too.

Have a great week, everyone, and take some time to ponder what you are thankful for.

3 comments:

Julie Pippert said...

That's great!

Last year for Lent we didn't up a thing so much as a way of life. We decided to work on patience with one another and decided to have an attitude of gratitude.

It's so awesome to make time each week to sit down and think what you DO have and be appreciative. What a great idea.

GL with report card time!

Library Mama said...

Thanks, Julie. I've been doing this for a while now, and it feels great.

Dino said...

aww the boys seem so sweet especially #3 - knowing when to give a hug and all

Visits