Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Thankful Thursday

This week I am thankful....

.... that Grandparents' Day is over and done with. It went well, but those special days wear me out. Why can't we just teach?

... that #2 returned from Cub Camp in one piece and filled with wonderful boy-type stories of adventure.

... that #1 persists with volleyball even though the coach seldom plays him.

... for #3 who turns six years old tomorrow. I can hardly believe it!

... that Main Man lives for the boys' birthday parties. He has a huge production planned for #3, based on the Wild West. #1 and #2 are the outlaws who steal the birthday presents, and the little boys have to go to cowboy/sheriff school, where they will learn horsemanship, cattle roping, and marksmanship. I get to be Miz Suzy, the saloon girl. (?)

... for good friends. Saturday evening we will be attending the fortieth birthday of just such a friend. We've been enjoying helping "behind the scenes" so it could stay a surprise. (Oops - hope he doesn't read this!)

Hope everybody has a great week.

14 comments:

Bathroom Hippo said...


Saloon Girl Suzy. How erotic. You gonna work in the saloon brothel?

Library Mama said...

I'm not sure that's part of the birthday party fantasy, Hippo, but maybe Mentok has plans for later. ;-)

Bathroom Hippo said...


Lol.

I didn't picture Mentok as a "hooker guy" but rather a "batgirl guy."

Library Mama said...

Well, I do have a Catwoman costume....

Anonymous said...

Glad you got the grandparents day over with.

The party for #3, Happy Birthday #3, sounds like a lot of fun. What a cool Dad, and Husband..

Library Mama said...

Yup, Happy, he's a keeper. :-)

Booklogged said...

I think it's funny that your husband enjoys the b-day planning stuff. Neither my husband or I liked it. Luckily all but one child is still at home, so those days are past for us. I use to hate grandparents week when I was a PTA pres.

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

The little one who looks like the tot from Calvin & Hobbes is having a birthday? Cake, presents & the lot? Give him a big fat kiss from me, LM.
Tell him...a beautiful stranger.

lots of love

Library Mama said...

Yes, Booklogged, Main Man loves planning parties. I feel like I spend most of my life planning activities for kids, so I don't like it as much. I'm basically there for crowd control.

I'm glad to hear it's not just me who has a thing about Grandparents' Day.

Library Mama said...

Thank you, Susan. He'll think it's quite the thing to get a big fat kiss from a beautiful stranger across the ocean.

..................... said...

This week I am grateful
that's it Thursday...oops, Friday already..tgif tommorow..

That hubby and youngest son will be enjoying a cub scout camping trip this upcoming weekend.

That oldest son is considering the swim team..

So, had your birthday already, fellow libra?

thanks for stopping by..:)

Library Mama said...

Okay, Schaumel, this is getting a little too weird.....

Yes, I had my birthday the first week in October.

Are happy belated birthday wishes in order for you, as well?

If so, I'm sending them your way.

..................... said...

yes, happy belated for me, fellow libra. It was just this past weekend..

The one difference we do have is age. I'm older by a few years...:).....but still under 50!

Library Mama said...

What's a few years between friends?

I'm so glad to have met you!

Now, we just need to establish which one of us is the evil twin. ;-)

Visits