Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Thankful Thursday


This week, I am thankful for...

... birthdays.

... being able to take a sick day when my annual fall cold hits.

... barbecue chicken piping hot from the grocery store on an evening when I have no idea what to serve for supper.

... kids who eat the barbecue chicken from the grocery store but tell me that it's not as good as my home-made roast chicken.

... Thanksgiving weekend in October. (American Thanksgiving still seems so far away!)

... the receptionist at my dentist's office, who is always cheerful and unflappable.

... the television in the ceiling at my dentist's office, where I can watch soap operas and game shows while I get my teeth cleaned.

... good check-ups.

... #2's Cub leaders and #3's Beaver leaders.

... #1's volleyball coach.

... Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ronny Wood, and Charlie Watts, who arrived in our little city early this afternoon. (Rumour has it that they were hanging out in the pub Main Man and I go to almost every Friday night. Could be true - it's just down the street from their hotel.)

Have a great week, everybody!

10 comments:

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Have a great time letting your hair down and enjoy the concert, LM.

Lowa said...

WOW! I bet you can't wait until tomorrow:)

Those are awesomethings to be thankful for. I really need to start and do that on my blog, like I said I would!

And Happy Birthday to you too! How fun that we have them so close together:) What a great month! Princess turns 6 next Tuesday and isn't your #3's later this month or am I thinking of someone else??

Library Mama said...

Susan - Thanks! My only fear is the weather - it's an outdoor venue, and October can be unpredictable here.

Lowa - Yeah, I'm just a little pumped. Thanks for the birthday wishes. And yes, #3 will be six on the 20th.

Karen - Yes - it is quite something for our little nothing city. I guess they felt like slumming or something. Not that we're a slum or anything. It's just that we're tiny little hicksville in the middle of nowhere.

Lowa said...

Yes, but you ARE the capital city of the province, right?? That says something right there:)

Anonymous said...

I posted about your Thankful Thursday posts today.
Is it your birthday? If it is then Happy Birthday. If not then Happy belated Birthday. Or perhaps Happy early Birthday..

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Mrs. Mentok! I hope you had a wonderful day and I hope the next year brings you peace and happiness.

Hopefully Mr. Mentok got you something good. ;) Have a lovely birthday weekend.

Cheers,
Rachel

Booklogged said...

Enjoyed your thankful list. It's a good thing to stop and count good things in our lives. If it were me I'd be finding a different pub for this Fri. (but that's just me) Ooops, that was last night, wasn't it?

Bathroom Hippo said...



AH! I missed your birfday...

That bastard husband of yours forgot to tell me =) Well Happy Birthday week! Hope you have a great weekend.

FiL said...

Happy birthday, Library Mama! I trust Mentok marked the occasion with something other than several gigabytes of e-cards...?

Best wishes,
FiL

Library Mama said...

BlondeMom - Yup, those t.v.s are pretty cool. My last dentist, Main Man's father, was 86 years old. I was lucky there if the chair I was sitting in was younger than I was!

Lowa - Thanks for trying to make me feel better, but the capital of Hicksville is still Little Hicksville. :-)

Happy - Thanks for the mention on your blog. You're so sweet to visit so regularly. My birthday was Wednesday. Thanks for the wishes.

Rachel - Thanks so much for stopping by with your well-wishes.

Booklogged - Great to see you again.

Hippo - Thanks for your wishes, Bud. It's been an okay weekend.

Fil - Thanks for your birthday wishes. Mentok did his best to make my birthday weekend memorable. Happy Thanksgiving to you.

Visits