Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Mom's Out of It.....Again


I forgot to tell a funny anecdote from the concert.

I phoned home to check on the boys about half way through the warm-up act.

While chatting with #1, he asked who the warm-up was.

I had never heard of the band before (Guess I'm out o' the loop.), so I wasn't even sure I had the name right. "Three Days Grace?"

"What?" #1 exclaimed. "Three Days Grace is playing Regina?" He couldn't contain his excitement.

The Rolling Stones meant nothing to him, but he would have loved to have seen the warm-up band.

BTW - our next door neighbour works security at the airport, and he came over yesterday with autographs of two of the members of Three Days Grace for #1. He'd passed the band through security on their way out of town.

The Stones didn't have to go through security.

14 comments:

Bathroom Hippo said...


Never heard of them. Not a huge Strolling Bones fan, nor Three days whatsit.

Anonymous said...

I'm suprised that the Stones didn't have to go through security. I thought that senior citizens shoplifted a lot and were under constant surviellance by security people.
Is it true that the women close to the stage were throwing their orthopedic devices at them..

Library Mama said...

Hippo - I don't feel so bad now. If a youngster like you hasn't heard of them, I guess I'm not quite as out of the loop as I thought.

Happy - I felt the same way as you until I saw the concert. Wow - can Mick ever move!

Bathroom Hippo said...


Youngster?

22 is like....oldster.

Library Mama said...

Not to someone who requires a whole hour's worth of e-cards!

:-)

Bathroom Hippo said...


A whole hour?

1 card per minute....wow!

you're 60?!?

Library Mama said...

Well, it would seem that's what Mentok wants everyone to think!

Mentok said...

I do and do and do for you kids and this is the thanks I get ! ;-p

Bathroom Hippo said...


Same E-card 60 times?

Library Mama said...

Oh, Mentok, you know I loved them!

And no, Hippo, he actually sent me 41 different ecards. (And yes, that's the right number; I don't think it took quite a whole hour.)

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Hi LM

Many pop bands revolve, move upward, fall downward and vanish again on a speedy lifeline.

Library Mama said...

Blonde Mom - The Stones were awesome. Guess I can strike that one off my "need to do before I die" list.

Susan - I have a feeling Three Days Grace may be aptly named. I'm not sure they'll be around much longer than three days or so.

Lowa said...

Never heard of them.

Man, we ARE getting old, eh???

Library Mama said...

Lowa - That is exactly what I was thinking!

Visits