Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Monday, October 02, 2006

Book Review: Money, Money, Money

The subtitle of this book could be "Everything Your Child Didn't Realize He Didn't Know about Money and Didn't Think to Ask".

Money, Money, Money by Eve Drobot is a veritable smorgasbord of information regarding our monetary system, how it came to be, and how it has evolved over the years.

Written in a nifty magazine style, with informative sidebars and eye-catching graphics, this book taught even me some things about currency, credit, and cold hard cash.

For younger readers, there is practical advice about things they may be just beginning to experience: do's and don'ts of ATM cards, how cheques actually work, and the differences between debit cards and credit cards.

Because of its magazine style, this book does not need to be read cover to cover (although I did). This feature may make it attractive to reluctant readers, as they can spin through the book, reading snippets of information here and there. Magazine style is never as daunting as page upon page of nothing but print.

This is a great book - and you can take that advice to the bank!

5 comments:

Big Pissy said...

Where was that book 30 years ago?!?!?

It's too late for me now! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Did it explain how to buy the book if you don't have any money..

Library Mama said...

Karen - It's a great read for a tween- or a teen-ager.

Pissy - I know - I was thinking that as I read it too!

Happy - Silly Happy. Of course - you go to the library! ;-)

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

And I presume, one more off that bedtime book pile, Mentok once mentioned.

Library Mama said...

Susan - I'm afraid I add them faster than I get through them! :-)

Visits