Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Thankful Thursday


Oops - almost forgot what today is!

This week, I am thankful...

... for winter coats and boots that keep us warm when the temperature drops 18 degrees overnight.

... that the winter coats and boots that I dug up from the basement (miraculously) still fit the boys.

... for #2's excitement and anticipation of this weekend's Cub Camp.

... for #1's excitement and anticipation of the release of the last Lemony Snicket book tomorrow.

... for #3's excitement for life in general.

... for the unbridled exuberance my class showed when they were asked to rake and bag leaves in the schoolyard. They were too cute!

... for fifth graders in general. They are independent without being attitudinal.

... that I got to watch #1 play volleyball yesterday. He was so nervous!

... for the wonderful time we had Saturday evening at our neighbours' house. They had invited #3 to their son's birthday party in the afternoon. Then, they spontaneously invited our whole family to supper with their extended family. It was an evening full of laughs and fun.

... for long weekends and short weeks.

... that Main Man is starting to feel better after a brutal cold.

... for Main Man's great debut on Contrast Podcast. It made me very happy, happy, filled with joy, joy.

There's always so much to be thankful for.

Have a great week, everybody!

6 comments:

Bathroom Hippo said...


I'm thankful for Ren and Stimpy too.

I'll check out that Contrast Podcast thing. What did he do? Add "It's Raining Men" to a playlist?

Lol

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Enjoyed this post tremendously, LM.

love

Bathroom Hippo said...


Wasn't half bad.

Library Mama said...

Susan - Glad you enjoyed the entry. :-)

Hippo - Glad you enjoyed the podcast. Main Man was quite nervous about it all. I'm just glad he had a voice then, because two or three days later, it was gone.

He's looking forward to doing some voice work for you, too, once he's completely on the mend.

Anonymous said...

I think "the unbridled exuberance my class showed when they were asked to rake and bag leaves in the schoolyard" may have had something to do with getting out of class..
But it's still good..

Library Mama said...

I know, Happy. Still, though, they could have complained about having to do a job. And they did do a dandy job, too.

I love fifth graders!

Visits