Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Thankful Thursday


This week, I am thankful for...

... my teaching assistant. I have one special needs student, and my assistant helps with him and the whole class. I don't have her help full time, but every bit I can get, I am grateful for.

... my debate team. We have our first tournament after school today, and, what they lack in experience, they make up for with their enthusiasm. This year, the powers-that-be decided to allow fifth graders to enter. We have eight of them, ready to take on the world! This is the fourth year I've coached, and I feel like I'm finally starting to get the hang of it.

... picture day at my boys' school. We are not picture takers, Main Man and I, so we are grateful that society provides a means for people like us to have photographic proof that we have children. ;-)

... #3's kindergarten teacher. I met her in the grocery store after work yesterday, and when I said that I hoped he was behaving for her, she called him "interesting". (Okay, okay, I'm a teacher; I know the code. Think I should try to give her a call today, and find out exactly how "interesting" he's been.)

... our Stones tickets!

... my sister. She and her husband will also be going to the Stones concert, and will be staying overnight at our place that night. They live about 4 hours away, so I'm very excited to see her. I've only seen her once, for a brief lunch, since Christmas.

I know there is much more I should be thankful for, but must stop for now.

Have a great week everybody!

3 comments:

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Thanks for dropping by the other day, LM. Here's hoping you're well too.
It's a cosy, homey feeling that abides with your Thankful Thursdays.
Although I should perhaps say thank-you for Blogger saving grace.
It's been giving me problems of late.

love

Anonymous said...

"Interesting", ha,ha.Is that code anything like "Fine" as in "How is my child doing this year in your class?" "Oh, they are doing "Fine"..
Another good thankful post.
You should get your kids and husband to write one each week too. Because it helps people realize that things aren't all bad..

Library Mama said...

Susan - Wonderful to see you again! Thanks for coming by.

Karen - Yes, but debate doesn't take up much time. Well, unless a tournament is looming.

Happy - I love having you stop by on Thankful Thursdays! Yes, #3 is "interesting". As I kiss him good-bye each morning since that, I say, "Try not to be too 'interesting' today."

Visits