Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Life at the End of the Tunnel

When I became Library Mama, I made a vow to myself that I would post each day. It was simply about discipline. And with a husband, three active boys and a hyperactive dog at home, and a multitude of stories at work, not to mention a myriad of material to read and review, surely I could come up with enough blogger fodder to post every 24 hours.

I had forgotten about something very important.

Life.

Yes, especially now that school is up and running once more, now that I have 27 Spelling notebooks and 27 Spelling tests to correct every week, now that I have thirty lessons to plan every week, now that I have three boys to help with homework every evening, Life is getting in the way of blogging.

And really, isn't that the way it's supposed to be?

I haven't been keeping my vow lately. And I've given myself permission to take a day off once in a while - sometimes two or three - because Life is what I'm meant to do.

Thank you to those of you patient enough to continue to check in. I so appreciate your presence and your comments.

And I'm so sorry I'm not visiting you as often as I would like. I'll be there as soon as I can - as soon as Life lets me.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what it is about blogging that makes one feel as if you must post daily. I was so thrilled I actually took a week off from it when we went on vacation recently! Take a break...we'll be here when you get back. :)

Anonymous said...

I totally understand.
The self imposed pressure to post every day is crazy when you think about it.
A blog is supposed to be a hobby. A creative outlet.
Except for self imposed rules there isn't any reason to post that often.
Post when you want. I have your site listed on my RSS reader so I know when you post something new..

Bathroom Hippo said...


Life Cereal got in the way? Oh you mean real life.

I'm sure that deadbeat husband of yours doesn't lift a finger!

Kidding, only kidding!!!
Hope your family is doing well.

Library Mama said...

Thanks so much to all of you. It's not that I think any of you will suffer with my not posting. My feelings are entirely selfish; I worry that if my posts come more slowly, I will lose some of you.

Thank you all for your loyalty. I'll try to stay interesting.

All the best...

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

OK Library Mama. It's my fault because I said I was looking forward to your next post. Sorry about that.

Library Mama said...

Susan - No, no, no - It is not your "fault" at all!

I've been feeling a bit guilty ever since my posts became more erratic once school started up again. (That's erratic, Mentok, not erotic! ;-)

I thought it was wonderful that you wrote that quick little note. It helped me know that, even without a new post, you were thinking of me.

Don't even think of stopping your wonderful comments!

Please!

Lowa said...

I TOTALLY understand. I am sure you have not even had time to read mine in ages and I have only posted about once in the past week or so. I have not even BEEN to Happy's in weeks and I am going through withdrawal. I plan to go visit his blog very shortly, need to go make some flavoured coffee and get some toast and settle down to catch up. But I checked your's first and wanted you to know that I can completely relate. At least you write about interesting and funny things! All I do is complain, it feels like.

As Jamie said, we will be here, waiting.

Happy, how do you set that thingy that you mentioned to let you know when someone posts something new?? Can you go to my blog and post something there, or is it too complex to explain when not in person??

Mentok said...

Gaddmmit, woman, are you fooling around on that gaddam blog again? I got gotch as needs warshin'!

Lowa said...

Mentok, you are SO FUNNY! You remind me of my friend in NC's hubby. Cause he actually really talks that way:) teehee Except he puts the "o" in that there word. I know you didn't so as not to offend myself and yer wife and pssibly others, eh?? I appreciate it! I still have not made it to Happy's blog, been too busy ranting on my own! Tried to read yer movie reviews etc on yer's Mentok. But they ain't workin!

Visits