Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Time for Some Comedy Relief

First ... a good joke.

And now ... a funny story about #3:

We have a college-age nephew who is studying engineering. He has really great marks and has worked on teams that have created some award-winning projects. I must admit that many of his projects are beyond my brain's comprehension capabilities.

One of his teams is developing a "space elevator". From what I understand it is a method of transporting materials to and from space without the use of a Space Shuttle.

#3 is fascinated by this idea. After listening with rapt attention, his little voice piped up, "Wow, that would be one long elevator ride! You'd get really sick of the elevator music!"

7 comments:

Bathroom Hippo said...



What?!? The kid makes an excellent observation.

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Ha-Ha, yes, this is funny! :-)

Dino said...

oh man thats funny. leave it to the kids to point out the important stuff

Library Mama said...

Hippo - He does, doesn't he? Must take after his mother.

Susan - Every day he says something that makes me laugh.

Katy - I know. Funny thing is - I'm not even sure where he's been to notice elevator music.

Grumps said...

He probably heard some of that 80s music you guys like and mistook it for elevator music. I've done the same thing numerous times.

Scorch.

Lowa said...

LM, this was so cute.

On another note, I am SO SORRY about your friend. Man, I was bawling my eyes out the other night when I read the news on your blog. The kids were freaking, wondered what on earth was wrong.

It was like *I* lost someone close to me or something. Never even met the woman but it is such a waste and a tragedy. I hope you guys can heal and you and her entire family will be in my prayers for a LONG TIME. If this STUPID thing doesn't let me post like normal and you can't tell by the rambling, this is Lowa:)

Library Mama said...

What a burn, Grumps! You're worse than our boys!

Lowa - Thanks for your heartfelt words. Her obituary should be in the paper tomorrow. (Today was a holiday here - no newspaper.) Maybe I'll post a link for those of you who may be interested.

Visits