Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

I'm on the Prowl!


I have just had so much fun!

Main Man took the boys to an early movie. I think they went to see Eragon.

We have plans to go out for a couple of drinks to our favourite Irish pub after they get home.

I have just spent the last hour or so getting ready for our date. I mean, really getting ready, just like back in my college days.

These days, getting ready to go out means making sure the supper dishes are off the table and the last load of laundry in the dryer is folded before I fix my lipstick and try to find a shirt that isn't too spotty or wrinkled.

Tonight was a different story. I showered, shaved, spritzed, brushed, moisturized, blow-dried, curled, sprayed, tried on a few outfits, and applied real honest-to-goodness make-up, not just lipstick. I feel like a million bucks.

Move over Heidi and Tyra - Library Mama is in fine form tonight!

11 comments:

Library Mama said...

BlondeMom - It was a blast - and a little surreal. I'm going to try to find the time to blog about our evening sometime tomorrow. Great to have you pop by again.

Dino said...

i did that when it turned out I got new years eve off. I loved it its so much fun to do everyso often. I hope you had a ball

Library Mama said...

I did have a ball, Katy. It wasn't really that different from a regular evening out for us, except that I felt really great. It's amazing what a little "maintenance" (as BlondeMom calls it) will do!

Lowa said...

Good for you! Wow, you even shaved?? I am impressed! LOL That is an all day ordeal with me. I have SO MUCH testosterone and am seriously more hairy than my Dad. Therefore, I shave a few times a year, usually in summer. I have taught Stud to wax me, we are actually overdue for that soon here. Bit I am sure that is TMI, eh??

I am glad you went out. Can't wait to hear all about it:) Irish Pub. COOL! I am Irish and never been to an Irish Pub. I need to get out more...

Library Mama said...

Hah - No such thing as TMI between friends! ;-)

We had a great time. The pub is actually rather eclectic. Saturday evenings are "dance party" nights. Main Man and I sit up in the balcony and make up stories about the people dancing down below. Tonight, as I refer to in my comment to BlondeMom up above, was a bit surreal. Stay tuned for details.

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

My! My! LM. *wide grin*
Ahhh...the magic of a lipstick!

hugs

Library Mama said...

You're right, Susan - the right lipstick can be magic, but it does have to be the right one. ;-)

Anonymous said...

It has been so long since I have dressed up and worn lipstick! Sometimes being a mom makes us forget that there is a woman inside!
Hope you had a blast!
Barbara
http://seeking-serenity.blogspot.com/

Library Mama said...

We did have a blast, Barbara. Thanks.

Now, girl, you've got to get that lipstick on and get out there! ;-)

mist1 said...

My going-out ritual is much different. First, I put on some mood music. Then, I pick out shoes and panties. Then, I have a pre-drink drink.

Library Mama said...

Oh, Mist, I have been known to have the odd pre-drink drink, as well. And the mood music is a great idea.

Visits