Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Friday, June 01, 2007

June...

... bleeeccccchhhhhh!

June will be such a blur. In addition to year-end recitals and concerts, there will be the Cancer Society's Relay for Life, in which #1 and I are participating. It is an all night walk-a-thon. Why it has to be overnight is beyond me, but I signed up because our church school is participating in honour of our friend and fellow teacher who died of cancer last November. I'm trying to be positive about it, but I'm afraid it will ruin me. I'm one of those people who really need their sleep, and June is my busiest month.

Oh, we're also chasing after 6 soccer and softball games every week.

And this weekend there's a multicultural festival in town (3 evenings) that the kids really want to go to, and we really want to take them to. We've never been before, and that is really a travesty, because it is quite the phenomenon!

Oh - and in the midst of all the hoop-la this month, I have to complete all of my report cards.

I will try to blog as often as I can, but if I miss for a while, forgive me.

Summer holidays are on their way! (That's the idea that gets me through.)

4 comments:

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

Good luck with the walk-a-thon...what a marvelous thing!

Dino said...

wow sounds like you are gonna get busy

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

You'll make it! :-)

Library Mama said...

Thanks, Jamie. I hope I survive it.

I'm trying to take one day at a time, Katy.

I hope you're right, Susan!

Visits