Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Elation!


Just a quick note to inform all of you that I finished filling out my last report card earlier this evening. I will proofread them tomorrow, so I'm not completely scot-free, but I'm still feeling pretty fine.

I can't believe I survived this month. It's been the busiest June on record for me, and that's saying something!

July is so close I think I can taste it. (Then again, that could just be all of those weekend barbecues repeating on me.)

Freedom, here I come!

12 comments:

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Oh wonderful, LM & a gorgeous illustration to match with it. :-)

Dino said...

cool just imagine all the nice relaxing days ahead of you. Maybe I need to go into teaching I could totally do with a summer vacation right now

Grumps said...

Good stuff, LM! Another year over. We started working on our Back to School a month ago. How's that for fitting the definition of irony?

Lowa said...

Congrats! I know you are looking forward to a nice long holiday. You certainly deserve it!

Bathroom Hippo said...


Did you fail anybody?

Come on tell us! You can tell me.

Happy Canada Day!!!!!!! Yaaay.

Big Pissy said...

Woo Hoo!!!!
I know THAT's a good feeling! :)

Library Mama said...

Susan - Don't you love my little guy kicking his heels together? He suits my mood perfectly.

Katy - Please don't go into teaching for the summer vacations! There's a price you have to pay for those couple of months off.

Grumps - I don't doubt it. I saw a Back to School promo of "lunchbox goodies" at Safeway before I even finished my report cards!

Lowa - Although I certainly am looking forward to my holiday, I find that, after two months of monkey-wrangling at home, I'm ready for the mundane routine of school once again. :-) I don't know how you do it!

Hippo - Thanks for the Canada Day wishes. And no, I didn't fail anyone - because, as you should know, teachers don't fail students; students fail themselves. ;-) Seriously, though, I had absolutely no one even close to the borderline this year. I had a wonderful class, both behaviourally and academically.

Pissy - Oh, it is fabulous! How was Georgiabelle's year?

Bathroom Hippo said...



I figure if a teacher doesn't fail a student...that teacher has failed his or herself!

Library Mama said...

Hippo - I don't understand. Clarify please.

Bathroom Hippo said...


It's like...

If a teacher lays an egg... what side of the roof did it fall on?

You know what I'm saying?

Bathroom Hippo said...


I'm totally just yankin' your chain.

Library Mama said...

Good to have you back yankin' my chain, Bud!

Visits