Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Stay on Track

Today is track and field day at the school.

I am in charge of the high jump event. I enjoy this day, but I worry a lot about injuries at my event. I worry that someone will land heavily on top of the bar and hurt his or her back. I worry that they will fall off the mat with momentum and hit their head on the hard ground. I worry that they will slip and fall backwards. It's the lunch break now, and so far, so good.

It's a beautiful day - clear blue sky, burning sun, slight breeze - perfect for track. Luckily this year I remembered my sunscreen.

3 comments:

Dino said...

well have fun

Big Pissy said...

hope there were no injuries!

Library Mama said...

Thanks, Katy. I did!

Yes, Pissy, we made it through with everyone left in one piece, thank goodness.

Visits