Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Thankful Thursday


Just like a couple of weeks ago, I have many things to be thankful for, but I am going to focus on just one.

First, some background: in addition to The Books Nook, I have a classroom blog. I write at the end of every school day about homework the kids have or about upcoming events or about interesting things that have happened during the day. I use it chiefly as a communication tool with parents, keeping them informed of what goes on during those seven or eight odd hours during the day that their kids have lives that don't always involve parents.

Yesterday, when I sat down to do my classroom post, I logged on to our blog and found my latest Books Nook post - on my classroom blog.

Yesterday morning I had dashed off a post quickly before I left for work, and I had accidentally posted it on the wrong blog!

My first reaction was complete and utter mortification! I hurriedly deleted the post and sat, holding my chest for a moment as my heart ran a sprint.

Then, as my mind cleared, I began to analyze the situation. First, I checked my statcounter. As my luck would have it, I had had more visitors that day than usual.

Next, I thought hard about the content of my post. It was a really quick post about a computer game I've discovered on addictinggames.com , and the only personal editorial comment was that discovering a new game could be dangerous for me this time of year. Okay...deep breath...that's not so bad.

And that's where Thankful Thursday comes in. I am so very grateful that my accidental post was not this or this. I think I might have been looking for a different position for the fall if that had been the case!

By the way, my new obsession is a game called Lucky Balls. Give it a try, but don't say I didn't warn you - it is fairly addictive!

6 comments:

Dino said...

yep that is truly something to be thankful for. I have had panics like that before

Anonymous said...

Yikes! That is a very, very, very lucky thing!

And I totally think you did the right thing at the meeting. They need people on the council who are actually effected by these decisions.

Library Mama said...

Katy - Someone was definitely looking out for me yesterday.

Carrie - Thanks, Carrie, for your comment about the meeting. I know we're a fairly small Sunday School, but it made me a bit angry when one person said, "Let's remember, we're making decisions here for the whole church, not just a few." I guess I feel that a vibrant church school signifies a vibrant church, so decisions regarding church school do affect the whole church.

Okay, okay, I'll step off my soapbox!

;-)

Lowa said...

Oh my word! My heart had to calm down after reading this post. WOW! I would have seriously...needed a five hour nap or something to chill after a scare like that. YIKES!

Glad it all turned out ok:) You are right, either of those other posts you listed...oh my. Not just a new job, perhaps moving to a neighbouring province would be in order?? LOL Just teasing!

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Dear LM,
Nothing you do is likely to bring ill-will! :-)

You have such a gift about you.

Library Mama said...

Lowa - You may be right! Come to think of it, a neighbouring province might even have been too close!

Susan - You are so sweet. And thank you. I try hard to avoid face-to-face conflict with anyone. Your comment indicates I may be pulling it off. ;-)

Visits