Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Thankful Thursday


This week, I am thankful...

...that it has been raining and snowing almost all week, because it has given me a week off of soccer and softball. I really needed that time to catch up on laundry and other household tasks.

...that when the Grade 2 student who was running in the hallway at recess ran into me, I was holding the water bottle I got at Dollarama, not the brand new "World's Greatest Librarian" mug the boys gave me for Mother's Day.

...that Main Man was able to download the season finale of Brothers and Sisters, because I had to miss it when it aired Sunday night.

...for the Highland Games, which we attended on Sunday. The afternoon was spent watching highland dancing and "heavy games" like the caber toss, and listening to some fine pipe and drum bands. Then, the evening brought the ceilidh, with lots of dancing and Scottish refreshment. What a wild time! And the kids enjoyed it all as much as we did (well, all except the "Scottish refreshment"!).

...for the recovery of our friend from church - a little guy about 11 years old who was high-jumping at his school and missed the mat, hitting his head on the concrete floor of the gymnasium. He was hospitalized for almost a week, but when we visited him Sunday, his Dad described his recovery as 100%.

...for four day weekends!

...that the store where Main Man bought my outfit for the job-interview-that-wasn't takes back returns so readily.

...for my big brothers, both of whom are celebrating a birthday today. Yup, they were born on the same date, six years apart. Cool, eh?

...for those moments when the boys cause each other to double over in giggling fits.

...for #3's new Spiderman light-up sneakers. I paid only $6.94 for them!

Have a great week, everyone.

2 comments:

Dino said...

wow busy week and lots of being thankful for. Enjoy the long weekend.

Library Mama said...

Thanks, Katy.

Actually, our long weekend was last weekend, when we celebrated Victoria Day.

This will be an ordinary, busy weekend for us.

Enjoy your long weekend. Any special plans?

BTW - I'm having a bit of trouble getting on to your blog today. I'm at work right now, so I'll try from home too. Maybe that will work.

Visits