Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Shoes Blues

I had to drag a very unwilling #3 with me yesterday as I shopped for a new pair of shoes for work.

Heavily laden with a head cold, he flopped down on a bench as I scanned the wide variety of sandals, most of which were totally inappropriate for professional wear.

He must have noticed that too, for as he sat there with red weepy eyes, trying to keep his head up, he commented, "Mom, these shoes are not for you. These are Pussycat Doll Shoes."

____________________________________________________________________
Editor's Note: Life is a whirlwind here. I'm afraid I have too little time to visit you right now. I even have too little time to reply to comments. I still love reading them, though, so if you happen to stop by, feel free to leave a little blurb. I miss you all, but I'll fill you in as soon as I can. L.M.

6 comments:

Norma said...

That comment's a keeper. Blogs are so handy.

Lowa said...

That is SO CUTE!

LOVE IT!

No worries, I have been busy myself as well! Comment when you can!

Big Pissy said...

Pussycat Doll shoes?!?!?

Priceless!

Take care....I'll be back to check on you. :)

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

He ought to be a fashion designer, LM.
What with such stylish labels afoot (pardon the pun!) :-)

Unknown said...

I'd copyright 'Pussycat Doll Shoes' that if I was you. Some pretentious joker in the 'fahion world' is bound to steal it and make a mint from it...

Library Mama said...

Norma - I know. I sometimes feel as if I could use excerpts from this blog to write a book - especially about #3!

How nice to meet you, by the way. Please come again soon.

Lowa - He's 6 going on "dirty old man", that boy of mine! ;-)

Pissy - Yes, I think he's been watching to much TV with his dear old dad... ;-)

Susan - Hah! Great pun! Guess that's why you're the writer. :-)

JC - I'm sure it's already been taken, but it was pretty good, wasn't it?

Visits