Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Saturday, December 23, 2006

A New Year's Meme


This is a New Year's meme I picked up from... I'm so embarassed - I can't remember where. Last week, before Christmas, I found this and I thought it was cool, so I took note of it, but now I can't remember from whence it came. Aren't I terrible?

This is the first sentence of my first post of every month this year. I started my blog in April, so here it goes...

1 - April - My kids are watching Saturday morning cartoons.

2 - May - Soccer season has begun.

3 - June - Main Man has been freelancing at home for the last couple of years.

4 - July - I bought "light BUTTER" microwave popcorn the other day.

5 - August - I've always had a place in my heart that hates the month of August.

6 - September - I am a clutter queen.

7 - October - The subtitle of this book could be "Everything Your Child Didn't Realize He Didn't Know about Money and Didn't Think to Ask".

8 - November - I know it's Thursday.

9 - December - I cannot believe that it's been over a week since I posted.

Actually, when you put them all together, they look rather comical. Hope you enjoyed them...

And may 2007 be your best one yet!

12 comments:

Dino said...

yeah I have to do my little 2006 summary today or tomorrow.

Library Mama said...

Has it been a good year for you, Katy? I hope so.

Library Mama said...

BlondeMom - I'm so happy to read of your bout of post holiday mushy brain syndrome. Now I don't feel so alone!

As much as I love Christmas, I love this "do nothing but recover" time even more.

Main Man, however, is in major "clear everything out of the house" mode, so ruthless tossing is the order of the day. There may be a full post about this experience soon!

Happy New Year to you too!

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Dear LM,
Here's hoping you had splendid Christmas holidays.
Happy New Year to you Mentok & the kids and here's wishing you a wonderful year ahead.

with love

Library Mama said...

Thank you for your kind wishes, Susan. Our holidays were great. My whole family was together - all my siblings and their spouses and children.

I hope 2007 is a wonderful year for you, too.

Take care.

..................... said...

and a happy new year to you too, library mama

Library Mama said...

Thanks, Schaumi. May 2007 be all you would like it to be.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a Happy New Year..

Lowa said...

Of course we enjoyed them, these are awesome!

Happy, if you read this, I will be there to visit soon, if you care! LOL I always have to sort through many many things to find you, since the thing you use to comment on my blog is not actually a link to YOUR blog. Hmmm...maybe I could try this one in LM's comments...hmmm...yeah.

Anyway, glad you have had a relaxing time. This was certainly interesting, I may end up trying to do this one. First, I will post about 50 pictures on my blog of the goings on around here this past week.

Enjoy the rest of your time off! I still can't get over that picture you guys took...BRILLIANT! Might steal that for next year:)

Library Mama said...

Thanks, Happy. Right back at ya!

Lowa - I love your pictures, and the videos you've been posting lately are great.

You should do this meme. I'd love to read all of your first sentences.

Best of the new year to both of you, Happy and Lowa.

Bathroom Hippo said...


You change your font size? Or is something wrong with my eyes?

I just cheated on my New Year Resolution. Hope yours goes better!

Library Mama said...

I haven't changed anything on purpose, Hip. Never know - I could have done it by accident.

Maybe you're just getting older. Haha!

So what was your New Year's Resolution? Not to comment on other blogger's fonts?

I'm doing okay with mine. Had a nice healthy low-cal breakfast. Haven't yelled at Mentok yet - and that's saying something - he's been up for over an hour!

;-)

Visits