Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Saturday, December 23, 2006

And the Happiest of Holidays to All of You

School is out. Now I can do my shopping.

That isn't really true. I've done quite a bit already, but now the power shopping begins!

I was determined to take it easy this season - to take more pause to truly enjoy the holiday. And I did.

I haven't sent any Christmas cards yet (they will have to be holiday cards next week).

I bought my baking at a bake sale.

I put blogging on hold for a short while.

And I did have a chance to take pleasure in the little things: enjoying the children's smiles and antics at the Christmas concerts, making harried store clerks smile as I joked with them, smiling at strangers as I moseyed through the stores (I'm sure many of them were wondering what I was up to!).

I hope you all will have the opportunity during this busy time to marvel at the magic of the season.

I will be around to many of your sites to wish you blessings and joy, but, on the off chance that I have some readers of whom I am unaware, I wish all of you the pure joy that one feels upon seeing a child gaze in wonder at the gifts beneath the tree, or a senior beam at being surrounded by family and friends, or a couple share a tender moment under the mistletoe.

May the magic of Christmas surround you in a blanket of comfort, joy, and love.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very Merry Christmas to you and yours..

Dino said...

Have a great holiday

Lowa said...

Wow! Where did you find that photo?? That could be you guys, it is so perfect!

Have a great Christmas! And yes, I know it is weird that I was so close to you. Be cool to meet this summer if I make it up there, eh??

Glad you are taking it easy, you deserve it!

Anonymous said...

you know, you did a lot of things this season that i did..
including the christmas cards..
have a blessed christmas, library mama..

schaumi

Library Mama said...

Happy - Happy Christmas to you. I hope your surrounded by family and friends.

Katy - Thanks so much! It's been great getting to know you, and I look forward to our continued friendship in the new year.

Lowa - It is us. I know I don't usually post pics of us, but this one just fit in so perfectly with what I was trying to say, I just couldn't resist.

It would be so cool to get together in the summertime. Keep me posted.

All the blessings of the season to you, Stud, Cryptic, Jock, Clown, Princess, and Brom!

Schaumi - Thank you so much. Right back at ya!

Bathroom Hippo said...


Hahaha Mentok!

Just teasing! You have a wonderful family! Merry Christmas!

Mentok said...

Hey Hippo, did you notice my laser vision disintegrating all the presents?

Muhahaha!

Lowa said...

WOW! When I first saw it I thought, "Man, that looks like them. I bet that IS them." Then I thought "Naw, she is so good at finding cute images, etc."

NEATO! I love it, you guys are all gorgeous! What a neat idea, with the gift and it being all lit up, etc. I just adore this. You are so creative!

When you get a chance, check out my blog for the cutesy thing we did for our Christmas "greeting" or wishes. Don't think Mentok would like it all that much, but since he is an open-minded guy, I am sure he won't mind:) The kids had a good time doing it. Brom is even on it!

Booklogged said...

Sounds like you had a nice Christmas. I did, too. It's such a wonderful time of year.

Busy Mom said...

Merry Christmas, and, Happy New Year!

Visits