Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Back from the Dead

This will be a rather mundane post after such a dramatic title.

I'm just fine. I'm sorry if I worried any of you.

We are in the midst of a veritable hurricane of holiday plans, home renovations and - oh right - day to day life (ie: teaching, laundry, homework, guitar practice, Cubs, Beavers, blah, blah, blah...).

I think causing the biggest turmoil in my life right now is the upheaval of home renovations. It's killing me that we're already into the double digits of December and I have no Christmas decorations up. There was really no point, though, before we got the hardwood refinished (finally finished this past weekend).

Therefore, now that the wood is finished and we can gradually put the furniture back in place, now I can begin to decorate.... But I can't tonight, because I have marking to catch up on.... And I can't tomorrow night because it's the boys' school Christmas concert... And I can't the next night because......

See?

Still, it's a different kind of busy from report cards and parent-teacher interviews. This is candy cane - pine tree - Christmas bells - surrounded by family kinda busy - the best kind, as far as I'm concerned.

I'm hoping this entry finds all of you in the same frame of mind.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a busy time of year. But a nice, for the most part, busy time..

Dino said...

You got to love the holiday season. I am pretty sure its the most stressful and busy season of the year. Just take it one step at a time you can always decorate Christmas eve.

Library Mama said...

Happy - I know. This is the busy-ness that I love!

Katy - I really have no complaints. I love the holiday season, even the busy-ness.

Anonymous said...

Take a deep breath...you will get it done (signed someone who just ordered her Christmas photo cards last night!) ;)

Glad to hear you are doing well. The hardwood floors sound lovely!

Library Mama said...

Jamie - I know. I'm not really that worried. It just seems that my blogging gets neglected, but I guess in the grand scheme of life, blogging shouldn't really be the highest priority, should it?

(Should I prepare to dodge tomatoes after that comment?!)

And yes, we're very please with the hardwood (but a little paranoid now of scratching them).

Visits