Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Under the Mistletoe

My fifth grade class is performing "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" for our Christmas concert next week. We are having a blast getting it ready!

In addition to singing the song, we have a bit of air band and some dancing in the show.

I've paired up four "couples" in the class to do a bit of a swing dance during an instrumental bit in the middle. They are adorable as they jive and twirl. Of course, they are in Grade Five, so they are awkward and self-conscious, but that just makes it all the cuter.

One of the jiving boys is the son of our kindergarten teacher here at the school. She said to me at lunch today, "So, I heard last night all about your little dancing performance."

I asked how he was feeling about it.

She replied that he seemed pretty nervous.

With a smile, I told her that I had purposely paired him with one of the cutest girls in the class.

"That's the problem, " was the response. "He thinks so too!"

5 comments:

Bathroom Hippo said...


AHA!

I thought all girls were the same cuteness according to parents!!! (Other than their own daughters for biased reasons)

I've caught you! You are discriminating!...well...sorta!

Anonymous said...

You should make the dancers kiss at the end. That would destroy him for life, ha,ha..
Sorry, I guess that would be mean..

Library Mama said...

Hippo - Actually, I wouldn't say all girls are the same cuteness for parents at all, especially when their sons are showing any interest. However, you do make a good point - they should be all the same cuteness for teachers. Shame on me!

Happy - Ha, ha. Actually, one of the first things I tell them is that I guarantee that they will not have to marry or kiss the person they dance with, so I guess I can't go back on my word. ;-)

Dino said...

awww I bet they are so nervous about having to dance with the other sex. You should take/post pictures

Library Mama said...

Katy - They do seem to be pretty nervous, but they are so cute!

Visits