Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Double the Fun

We will be travelling to my father's farm on Christmas Eve, and we will stay there for two or three days. We will be staying there alone, but family will be just a short drive away. We will all have Christmas dinner together at my niece's house.

The boys are quite anxious that we have a tree at the farm. My first inclination was that we would cope without one; why put up a tree for just two or three days?

A few days ago, though, I finally figured out why it was so important to them. #3 especially is very worried that, if we don't have a tree, Santa will have no place to leave presents.

So yes - definitely - we will have a tree.

Last night as we sat at the kitchen table - me marking Spelling books and #3 colouring Christmas pictures - I think he reached the height of Christmas greediness, as all children are apt to do this time of year.

"Mom," he asked offhandedly,"if we have a tree at home and another one at Grandpa's, will Santa leave me two presents?"

Hey - it's worth a try!

9 comments:

Booklogged said...

Cute! If it works, I may put a second tree in my family room. HaHa!

Dino said...

I love the inocent logic of kids

Library Mama said...

Booklogged - Hah! I'll let you know. :-)

Katy - I know. I love how it's almost always openly self-centred! :-)

Anonymous said...

I love the brilliant logic of kids.
I'm going to buy a bunch more trees. But just for myself..

Grumps said...

Wanting more than his share, eh? You're raising another conservative. Just kidding!!!!!!

Big Pissy said...

That's a typical kid thing to say, isn't it? *lol*

Library Mama said...

Happy - You'll have to let me know how that goes.

Grumps - I wouldn't have it any other way! I only know how to raise males and conservatives. ;-)

Pissy - Very typical! :-)

Anonymous said...

Makes sense to me! Sounds like something my 4-year-old would say. ;)

Library Mama said...

Jamie - I know. I'm sure I would have thought of it myself when I was four or five! :-)

Visits