Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Busted!

Main Man and I went out to our favourite Irish pub last night. I am so enjoying having a life once again.

Anyway, we ran into a girl who grew up in my hometown and used to attend my dad's church. She's attending a residential private school here in our city now.

I had had a couple of glasses of wine when I went over to talk to her.

She is still in high school.

I figure she and I were probably thinking much the same thing as we were chatting.

She was probably thinking, "Please don't let it get back to my parents that I was at a bar!"

I was thinking, "Please don't let it get back to my dad that I was (just a little) drunk!"

12 comments:

Big Pissy said...

heh heh!

If neither of y'all tells on the other, you'll both be ok! ;-)

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

A witty read, LM.
But you've always had a life. A vibrant one!

love

Bathroom Hippo said...


I have prepared a suitcase...

The contents are as follows: A gun, a silencer for that gun, and some black gloves.

Nobody will know what happened to her...except you and the big guy....that's right I'm talking about that big green buddhist guy.

..................... said...

lol,
as long as we have parents we're still guilty little kids at heart, aren't we..

Library Mama said...

Pissy - That's exactly what I'm thinking! ;-)

Susan - I know I've always had a life, but it just seems that it gets put on hold during report card season. It's so great to have all of that over and done with.

Hippo - My own personal hit hippo - I'm so lucky! ;-)

Schaumi - I know. And I have the extreme disadvantage of having the world's most principled man as my father. :-)

Anonymous said...

Ha,ha,ha..Glad you had a good time. I think you really needed it.Hope your Dad doesn't find out..

Booklogged said...

Sounds like after the last week you need a little R&R.

Bathroom Hippo said...


You okay there Mrs. M?

It'll all be over for me soon.

Can't wait!

Dino said...

I doubt she'll tell on you so you'll be fine.

Library Mama said...

Happy - Yes, I certainly did need it! ;-)

Booklogged - Yes, it hit the spot.

Blonde Mom - So far, so good. I spoke with my dad on the phone last night, and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. :-)

Hippo - Thanks, Sweetie. I'm fine - just really busy - in a good holiday-spirit kinda way now. I'm glad things are going well for you. Hope time flies until you're all done and able to enjoy the holidays.

Katy (May I call you Katy?) - How nice to meet you! Come by and visit anytime. And yes, I don't seem to be in trouble yet. ;-)

Dino said...

Yes you may call me Katy. Glad to hear you are not in trouble

Library Mama said...

Welcome, Katy. Come visit often.

Visits