Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

A Tale for the Teachers


Tonight we played a family game of Urban Myth. A story is read, and everyone indicates on a card whether they think the story is true or a myth.

I won.

#1 and #2 declared the game unfair. Their reasoning?

"But Mom, you're a teacher. You're trained to be smarter than the rest of us!"

12 comments:

Bathroom Hippo said...



Hah!

#M probably declared the game to be unfair too!

#M: "This game is prejudice!"

Big Pissy said...

Out of the mouths of babes..... ;-)

Anonymous said...

Ha,ha,ha..

Library Mama said...

Karen - I know! ;-)

Hippo - No, he was a pretty good sport. Besides, he would never admit that I was smarter than he was - trained or not!

Pissy - I know - Pretty wise, eh?

Happy - Yup, I enjoyed it too. :-)

Booklogged said...

That is something we teachers could stand to hear every day!

Library Mama said...

Booklogged - I know. I'm so pleased they still think that way, because I've encountered students who do not feel that way. I'm sure you have too.

..................... said...

lol..that's funny. my boys would say similar things....and then sometimes I get the old pat on the head when I loose
and they are quite pleased with themselves.

Library Mama said...

Schaumi - Hah - you're right! My boys quite like it when they win too.

:-)

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Hi LM,
Since they lost, your kids have a very good point!
(I thought you were taking a break. Glad you're back.)

love as always

Library Mama said...

Good to have you back too, Susan.

Anne-Marie said...

Hilarious comment.

No, we're not trained, we're just born that way. ;)

Library Mama said...

Hah, Anne-Marie! I wish I'd thought to say that! :-)

Visits