Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I'm Fine

Thought I should get something down to let you all know that I'm fine. It was a full weekend, with moments of high joy and moments of deep sadness.

Yesterday, I started an entry about my friend's memorial service, but time caught up with me and I couldn't finish it. The unfinished entry lays there like a load of laundry waiting to be washed, but I don't want to finish it out of duty. I will wait until I feel ready in every sense of the word to say good-bye.

Also yesterday, I took my class on a field trip. We went to see a live theatre matinee of Just So, a musical based on Rudyard Kipling's Just So Stories. It was a wonderful experience all 'round. The play was phenomenal and the students were very well behaved. Two of my students were unable to attend due to illness, so I was able to arrange for Main Man to bring #2 down to the theatre to use one of the empty seats. It was great to share it with him. He's a year younger than my students, but he fit in very nicely.

Report cards and parent-teacher conferences are fast approaching, so my blog entries may continue to be a little sparse over the next couple of weeks.

Don't worry, though. I'm fine.

10 comments:

Bathroom Hippo said...


Plays are for girls!


But after reading that webpage...it looks interesting.

Library Mama said...

And cartoons are for boys!

Actually, Hip, I think both the girls and the boys in my class enjoyed the play. #2 liked it too. I expect we'll attend as a whole family before the play's run ends.

It was a really neat play. I'm glad I found the website, because I'm going to use it in a follow-up lesson with my class.

Bathroom Hippo said...


Does Mentok ever mumble when he's put into situations such as plays, chick flicks, other chick stuff that challenges his manhood?

Haha.

Library Mama said...

Hipster, I'm beginning to worry that you secretly lust after Mentok and not after me....

*sniff*

Mentok said...

There's not much that could "challenge my manhood" other than a yard stick. ;-)

Sorry, but that set-up was too much of a gimme.

Bathroom Hippo said...


Hahaha. That was pretty funny. Both of you!

Anonymous said...

Glad everything is ok with you..

Booklogged said...

Not a ruler, but a yardstick?!

LM, glad to hear that you are okay. It's such a bother at times when real life gets in the way of blogging. Teehee!

Bathroom Hippo said...


More like a nail file challenges his manhood. One of those pocket ones...you know...with the flip action?

Zombies don't have thingamabobbers.

Or so I'm told. Errr...I gotta go!

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Your blog entries and vibrant life are always lovely to read and know about, LM. Sorry I haven't been around much lately.
I'll try to be.

Visits