Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Thankful Thursday

This week I am thankful for the kindness of others, especially for the following situations:

- for my very good friend from work who lent #1 her copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows after she finished reading it.

- for my amazing brother-in-law who was able to completely fix my dryer. It's been making funny noises since January, but it completely died on Monday. We asked him to come over and assess the situation. It turned out to need a couple of parts and a knowledgeable hand, and now it runs very well, and - I might add - very quietly.

- for another very good friend from work who had all of the "girls" in for drinks this afternoon. She had had her kitchen renovated and was eager to show it off to all of us. I'm so happy for her and her husband. She has spoken for years of looking for a new house; today she seemed very happy right where she is.

- for my sister-in-law who has invited me over tomorrow to pick cherries from her tree. She has promised me a couple of recipes to put them in, and I look forward to baking pies and muffins.

- for the lady who walked #3's bike home for him after he had a bit of an accident just down the street. She had been driving by when she saw him fall and hurt himself, so she stopped and walked him home, bringing his bike for him. I had never seen her before. People can be so kind!

Time now for me to call it a night. I hope all of you are well and happy.

1 comment:

Dino said...

it is great to be surrounded by so much kindness

Visits