Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Thankful Thursday

This week, I am thankful ...

... for vacations. This week we are in sunny Westbank, British Columbia, in a Bed and Breakfast with an unbelievable view of lovely Lake Okanagan. We have our own private deck on which we can sit and have breakfast in the morning and dinner in the evening, and after dinner, we can sit in the hot tub on the deck and watch the lights across the lake twinkle to the stars above.

... for days with temperatures of 35 degrees (Celsius, that is, for my American friends), and beautiful beaches on which to spend those days.

... for Main Man taking the boys to see The Transformers Movie on Tuesday evening, so I could spend an evening all by myself enjoying the view off the deck (and I don't need to tell you how peaceful that view was when I was all by myself!).

... for Noxzema, for sunburns.

... for the patience to deal with Main Man's ideas, like when he decided to take us on a drive around the lake and we ended up with an overheated engine on an abandoned logging road. Hey, the scenery was spectacular! (Positive thoughts, positive thoughts, positive thoughts... ;-)

... for the deliciously intoxicating flavour of Lake Okanagan wine. How amazing to encounter a dozen or so tiny vinyards on just a short little drive.

... for the wonderful feeling at the end of a holiday that I am ready to go home, no matter how wonderful the holiday has been.

Hope everyone is having a great week. Thanks so much for your comments and your visits. I'll be checking in much more regularly once we hit home.

4 comments:

Dino said...

sounds like a wonderful vacation

Lowa said...

It is beautiful there, isn't it??

Sounds like an awesome vacation! I took my two older ones to see that Transformers movie and I was as thrilled as them. I LOVED IT! There are funny parts. I am curious to know how Main Man handled explaining the mast*$bation part to #3. And possibly #2?? My boys and I got a kick out of that, it was SO FUNNY! I know if I had taken Clown, he would have had many questions about that scene as well as a few others!

Enjoy your holiday and your trip back to the prairies!

Big Pissy said...

sounds like a wonderful vacation. :)

Bathroom Hippo said...


Transformers was pretty funny. Glad Shia Lebouf will be Indy's son in Indiana Jones 4 next year.

Of course if I had kids and took them to Transformers I'd be a little embarrassed about a certain part of the movie lol. Just sayin.

Visits