Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I thought...

...that seeing Back to School items in the stores as early as July 20th was a little over the top, but this next one takes the cake.

This evening - August 22 - we received our Sears Christmas Wish Book!
(By the way, this isn't a picture of the one we received. I just loved the nostalgia of the picture on this cover. This little girl looks a lot like I used to look.)

8 comments:

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

I'm amazed that they still publish them! I don't think I've seen on here! Ahhh memories. ;)

Lowa said...

I used to LOVE to get that and we spent hours looking through. We would mark what we wanted, and some years we maybe even got one of the things! What awesome memories. My mum ordered many of my clothes from there and I loved when they came in the mail, wrapped in plastic:)

If you looked anything like her, you were CUTE!!

Dino said...

yeah its crazy I got a few x-mas catalogs

Big Pissy said...

Stuff like this just sucks the fun out of Christmas.... :(

Grumps said...

Another sickening trend is when stores like Wal-Mart start putting their winter stock out in August. Hello, I'm looking for a rake not a snow shovel!

Anonymous said...

It's a great picture, LM. :-)
How have you been?
Just know that I've been missing your blog and been thinking of you although I haven't posted anything for an age.
I hope to remedy that next week though.
Take care, LM.

Anonymous said...

It is incredible how much they push the Christmas season, even before the weather changes!
Stephanie
www.thewrittenword.wordpress.com

Dino said...

just wondering how you are - haven't posted in a while

Visits