Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Happy Anniversary


Just a quick note to wish my beloved Main Man a happy anniversary.

As of 3:30 this afternoon, we have enjoyed 18 years of wedded bliss.

Well, I suppose not all of it has been bliss, but it has definitely all been worth it.

Thanks for everything, Main Man (AKA Mentok). Here's to the next 50 years!

5 comments:

Mentok said...

Thanks honey. As I've said many times before, I'd be dead by now if I hadn't married you. But speaking of death, don't count on another 50 years. Remember my "Spectacular Obituary" plan kicks in at 75.

(For you other readers, my Spectacular Obituary plan is: I don't want to end up infirm and decrepit in old age, so I plan to start engaging in extreme sports around age 75 until one of them kills me. "Mentok passed away today at the age of 75 from injuries sustained while bungie-jumping off cliffs in Peru.")

...so 32 more years, honey, that's all your gettin'. But just imagine the bragging rights you'll have over all the other widows. ;-)

luv ya!

Dino said...

awww wow 18 years Grumpy had our 2 year in May and we are still happy which floors me every time I think about it

Lowa said...

Congrats! We will be eighteen years this coming december. I think...1989?? Can't add or do any math right now.

Just wanted to say Congrats and hope you have many many more!

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

Happy Anniversary!

Library Mama said...

Ah, Menty, you always know just the right romantic thing to say! ;-p

Katy, the years will fly by. I know ours have.

Lowa, yes, that's the same year as us. What day in December? Thanks for the well-wishes.

Thanks a bunch, Jamie.

Visits