Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Hello Again

I think this may be the longest blogger-break I have taken since I first started.

If any of you were at all worried, everything is fine. The days just seem to flow by and, before I know it, it's bedtime. Main Man is usually on the computer in the evening, and, as he is the one working all day, I figure he deserves a little computer recreation in the evening. I haven't the heart to kick him off just so I can blog.

Besides, I could be doing my blog entries sometime during the day when he's at work. I guess I just haven't had the motivation. Something has snuffed out the spark of blogging for me.

I start back to work in a week.

And you know, because it has been such a great summer, I feel okay about that.

The weather has been GORGEOUS this summer! And we've had a couple of great little holidays - our fantasy trip to the Okanagan Valley, of course, and this past weekend, we took a little excursion to my home town for their agricultural fair. I was able to see all of my siblings and my dad and his wife and a few old friends from high school. Also, the boys were able to enter some things in the fair - academic work, crafts, and such - so it was exciting to see how they did. #2 in particular was very successful, earning about $30 in prize money. He's deservedly very proud.

Well, it's almost time for storytime for the boys, so I guess I'll sign off. I hope everyone out there is doing well

4 comments:

Dino said...

no worries - summertime most of us stay aways from the computer I've only had like one or two posts a week lately because I haven't felt like writing

Library Mama said...

I hope that's because you've been busy doing lots of exciting stuff, Katy, not because you've been working too hard.

Hope all is well.

Lowa said...

Me too! I have no desire to write anything. Lots going on, just don't seem to care about writing. Not only that, have not been reading as many blogs either. Maybe once fall hits, I will feel like it again. Who knows.

Glad you are doing well. Sounds like you guys have had a great summer. I still owe you an e-mail! Will try to do that soon. I owe about 13 e-mails to various people. *Sigh* I hate getting behind!

Library Mama said...

Glad to hear it's not just me. I do hope I get my groove back, though.

Don't worry about the email. I know it will come eventually. I look forward to it.

Visits