Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Monday, January 14, 2008

All is Fine

All is fine in our lives.

Christmas was wonderful. It was chaotic...but wonderful. There's this unbearable lightness of being one feels watching children open their stockings.

"He knew! He knew! How did he know?!" exclaimed #3 as he tore through his stocking items. And I concur. Just how did Santa know exactly what little things #3 wanted? He really must have spies.

Routine has set in once again. Life is busy at school. My debate team is hosting a tournament on Thursday, and performance nights for the musical I'm helping direct will be mid-February.

#1 did not make the basketball team at his school, but has stepped up to offer to help the coach as team manager. He's eager to be in the loop, even if he can't make it in the hoop.

#2 will be eleven years old on Wednesday. Time flies so fast once you have kids. Is it the zombieism from lack of sleep or is it that time's effects show so much more on kids? Just why does the very act of giving birth seem to put the entire rest of your life on fast forward?

Main Man is brutally busy at work. He goes back to the office just about every evening after supper to work on his current project. Huge deadline toward the end of the month. Then hopefully he can catch up on his life.

Nothing much more to add. We keep putting one foot in front of the other. It seems to keep us heading in the right direction.

2 comments:

Dino said...

Glad to hear from you, hang in there

Unknown said...

Good to have you back.

Happy 2008 and all that...

Visits